Microsoft License Key and Windows Activation
Why buy a Refurbished PC from a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR)?
Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers (MAR) follow strict requirements established by Microsoft to ensure that you receive a high-quality, professionally-refurbished device installed with genuine Microsoft Windows.
Refurbished devices from a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR) remove the risk of buying refurbished devices while still offering low cost and reliability. Refurb.io have a direct relationship with Microsoft which gives us access to the software and engineering support to ensure a great Microsoft experience on the refurbished devices.
Entering your Windows License Key
Your product key sticker is attached to your PC
When you boot your computer for the First time you will be asked to type in your 25-digit product key located on your Windows license sticker. YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET TO ACTIVATE THE KEY.
This license key works only with Microsoft Windows for Refurbished PCs. It will not work with Microsoft Office or any other software and is not compatible with any retail or OEM version of Windows.
Your product key sticker is attached to your PC and has concealment (silver scratch off material) for protection.
- When you start your computer for the first time you will be asked to type in your 25 digit product key located on your Windows license sticker (look at the sample picture above). The key is small and must be looked at closely.
- Some keys on your keyboard will be disabled at the time of entering the product key in order to prevent any errors.
- There are select letters and numbers that will never appear on the product key. These letters and numbers are E, U, L, A, 0, S, I, Z, N, 1, 0 and 5.
- This license key works only with Microsoft Windows for Refurbished PCs. It will not work with Microsoft Office or any other software.
- This license key is not compatible with any retail or OEM (original equipment manufacturer) version of Windows.
Scratching off the Concealment part on the Product Key:
Please exercise caution while removing the silver surface. Use the correct methods as shown, Incorrect methods will result in damage to the Certificate of Authenticity which may render the product key unreadable!
INCORRECT CONCEALMENT REMOVAL:
- DO NOT use a tool, other than a coin, to remove the scratch off.
- DO NOT attempt to peel the scratch off layer off.
- Only use enough pressure and force to scracth the surface of the silver ink
CORRECT CONCEALMENT REMOVAL
- Use a finger nail or a coin to gently scratch the silver surface off
If you believe that your product key is not activating after following above steps, please contact Microsoft.
Microsoft Toll Free # 1-888-725-1047
Windows Activation-Windows 10
Connect to the internet during the First time setup
During the installation, you’ll be asked to enter a valid product key. After the installation is complete, Windows 10 will automatically be activated online.
To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
If you skipped the “Enter product key” page or you didn’t have internet connection during the initial setup of
the PC, follow these instructions to activate windows:
Make Sure you are connected to the internet.
1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
2. Then Click on Change Product key.
3. Enter your product key from the sticker attached on the PC and click next. Windows 10 will be automatically